Harbin
I leave for Harbin today. If China is a chicken, Harbin is the eye. In the winter it gets pretty cold but is apparently when the city comes alive. Every year they have an ice festival where you can see extravagant ice and snow sculptures. The problem is that it is -40 degrees (C/F) outside.
Initially a bunch of us were going, but then people slowly started dropping out, the weather being the main problem. I bought a special pair of warm ski pants and down filled mittens for the trip. I will probably also wear three hats, two coats, and five layers of pants. This might be overboard since the weather report says it should be up to -25C this weekend.
Initially a bunch of us were going, but then people slowly started dropping out, the weather being the main problem. I bought a special pair of warm ski pants and down filled mittens for the trip. I will probably also wear three hats, two coats, and five layers of pants. This might be overboard since the weather report says it should be up to -25C this weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home