Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Chops and Seals

Today was a nice lazy day. It's the last day of finals but I finished yesterday so I had nothing in particular that I had to do today. I met up with my teacher friend for lunch at a new rice porridge place near the subway station. I guess I have never been that great a fan of rice porridge but this place was pretty good and had quite a large selection of flavors.

Afterwards I went to my painting class which I had been skipping with regularity towards the end. It just gets a little lonely sitting there by myself since I am the only one in that class in that room. (It's complicated.) But anyhow, I went to pick up my recent paintings, that is to say the ones I painted in the last week or so since most of the previous ones were thrown out when the teachers thought I had returned to the US. When I got to class, Tanisa (sp!?), the Japanese student presented me with a finished chop with my name on it! I had asked her last week if I could borrow some of her finished chops to use on my paintings but we had a bit of a communication issue and she thought I meant could she make me one. When I tried to explain I didn't need one with my name on it, she said it would be good practice for her and she wanted to do it. So then this week she finished and gave it to me. I then stamped all my paintings. They look a lot better with the red mark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home