Fast Food
I'm sick of eating Chinese food and so are a lot of my friends. Last night we were looking to eat western food, but western food here is expensive so we ended up at KFC. It was the first time I ate at KFC since coming here (if you don't count the time the travel company messed up our train tickets back from Xi'an and brought us KFC takeout for dinner). I figure if I'm going to eat American fast food out here, I might as well try their localized menu items. At KFC they have these fried chicken wraps in the style of Peking Duck, which turned out to be pretty good.
After that we went to McDonalds for dessert. I didn't get anything this time but I have tried the red bean pie before (it's not that good). The exciting part of McDonalds is the happy meal toys are Hello Kitty! (Unless that's what it is in the US too...) And if you buy an extra value meal, for an extra 8RMB you can get a little stuffed animal in the shape of one of the 12 zodiac signs. Unfortunately the snake looks like broccoli.
After that we went to McDonalds for dessert. I didn't get anything this time but I have tried the red bean pie before (it's not that good). The exciting part of McDonalds is the happy meal toys are Hello Kitty! (Unless that's what it is in the US too...) And if you buy an extra value meal, for an extra 8RMB you can get a little stuffed animal in the shape of one of the 12 zodiac signs. Unfortunately the snake looks like broccoli.

1 Comments:
i was just reading about how kfc is huge in china.
Post a Comment
<< Home