Saturday, January 22, 2005

Travel Plans

The school year ends this week with my last final on Monday. After that, I'm free! (Technically we have classes until Friday, but if 2 people show up to class the week before finals, how many people will show up the week after finals?)

Now I will begin my travels...

First, we will head down to Thailand for two weeks. The current plan is to go to Bangkok, then Chiang Mai, then south to the beaches, maybe Ko Samui. In Bangkok, we'll try to meet up with my brother's friend and maybe some of the Thai classmates I've met here. In Chiang Mai, we'll meet up with a friend of Ros'.

Then I head back to China to begin the backpacking trip. We're going to meet in Hong Kong to sort out our visas and start off there. Our ambitious plan includes: Guilin, Nanning, Kunming, Chengdu, Jiu Zai Gou, Xian, Chongqing, Three Gorges, Huang Shan, Hangzhou, Shanghai, Tai Shan, QingDao, and back to Beijing.

All the Chinese people I have asked don't think we will be able to make it in a month since we are planning on taking trains the whole way, but then we also don't have any deadline for when we have to be back, it'll just depend on how tired we are. If this all works out, then I will be back in Beijing at the end of March.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home