Xinjiang Night
There is a restaurant/bar near the school called Lush. On different nights they have different themes. On Tuesday nights they have a band from Xinjiang playing. I've been meaning to go for a while because I heard the band was good, but for whatever reason I kept not going.
Tonight my language partner and I went to Lush for dinner and stayed for the band. The music sounds a lot like Spanish/Latin music and sometimes I seriously thought they were playing some Ricky Martin song. The other weird thing is that since they belong to a Chinese minority, they don't look like your average Han Chinese person, and with that many foreigners in the bar, it's really easy to forget you are in China. But then they would say something in Chinese and I would remember. Overall it was pretty fun. Maybe I will go again next week.
Tonight my language partner and I went to Lush for dinner and stayed for the band. The music sounds a lot like Spanish/Latin music and sometimes I seriously thought they were playing some Ricky Martin song. The other weird thing is that since they belong to a Chinese minority, they don't look like your average Han Chinese person, and with that many foreigners in the bar, it's really easy to forget you are in China. But then they would say something in Chinese and I would remember. Overall it was pretty fun. Maybe I will go again next week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home