Chinese Class
My class is about the most anti-social class in the school. It is not that the people aren't nice. On the contrary they are all very friendly. And we are quite international, which should make it easier since there aren't any natural cliques. We have students from the US, Canada, Indonesia, France, Germany, Israel, Hong Kong, Phillipines, Korea, and Argentina. Each class is supposed to pick a class leader, usually because the teacher picks one. The class leader organizes class trips or lunches. Our teacher doesn't seem to care so we never got one.
Tomorrow is the last day of class before finals begin. I haven't been going to class, so I've missed about 2/3 of the lessons since the midterm. I thought about ditching the finals altogether and going to Kaifeng and Luoyang instead, but then thought I might as well try. (Actually I'm getting a cold so it seemed like not the best idea to travel.) If I pass, I can get a certificate from the school.
I'm a bit sad and happy to leave the school. I haven't really enjoyed the classes very much especially towards the end. I guess 20 hours of Chinese a week wore me out after a while. Since I never really bonded with my classmates, I'm not that sad to leave them, though I did make sure to get contact info. I'm undecided about whether or not to stay in China. If I did, I would need a job because I don't think I would want to take more Chinese classes. Why would I stay? For the people here and for spiritual growth. I think I'm ready to go home though.
Tomorrow is the last day of class before finals begin. I haven't been going to class, so I've missed about 2/3 of the lessons since the midterm. I thought about ditching the finals altogether and going to Kaifeng and Luoyang instead, but then thought I might as well try. (Actually I'm getting a cold so it seemed like not the best idea to travel.) If I pass, I can get a certificate from the school.
I'm a bit sad and happy to leave the school. I haven't really enjoyed the classes very much especially towards the end. I guess 20 hours of Chinese a week wore me out after a while. Since I never really bonded with my classmates, I'm not that sad to leave them, though I did make sure to get contact info. I'm undecided about whether or not to stay in China. If I did, I would need a job because I don't think I would want to take more Chinese classes. Why would I stay? For the people here and for spiritual growth. I think I'm ready to go home though.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home