Are they the "American" chestnuts, or the water chestnuts?
We have a chestnut tree in our backyard in North Carolina, and my Dad used to send me chestnuts (along with pecans). I could probably have him hook me up with some more when they're in season (though I'm not sure when that is). I've also seen them at Whole Foods sometimes.
In Rome, I bought roasted chestnuts from a street vendor in December. I'm guessing their season is winter since that Christmas song goes "chestnuts roasting on an open fire."
two things: 1) chestnut season is fall & winter. you can get them october through february or something like that. 2) i hate blogger. i had to sign up for a freakin' blog to post a comment. xanga forever! down with the google empire!
4 Comments:
Are they the "American" chestnuts, or the water chestnuts?
We have a chestnut tree in our backyard in North Carolina, and my Dad used to send me chestnuts (along with pecans). I could probably have him hook me up with some more when they're in season (though I'm not sure when that is). I've also seen them at Whole Foods sometimes.
In Rome, I bought roasted chestnuts from a street vendor in December. I'm guessing their season is winter since that Christmas song goes "chestnuts roasting on an open fire."
two things:
1) chestnut season is fall & winter. you can get them october through february or something like that.
2) i hate blogger. i had to sign up for a freakin' blog to post a comment. xanga forever! down with the google empire!
wendy can change a flag in her settings to allow for anonymous comment-posting.
Post a Comment
<< Home