Thursday, January 10, 2008

Losing Your Sole(s)

I went to play badminton last night. It was a lot of fun! One of the rules of the court is to not wear shoes with black soles. I barely have athletic shoes to begin with so finding a pair was difficult. Luckily, I still had my sneakers from college which aren't black. About 40 minutes into playing, I noticed something on the court which seemed to cause me to lose traction on the floor. I kicked it away and continued to play. It happened again, so I kicked away the offending object again. But this time I noticed something was wrong with my shoe--the sole had fallen halfway off! After another 10 minutes of play I noticed the same problem with the other shoe. Shortly after that, both soles were attached to the rest of the shoe only by the little rubber covering at the toe. Badminton is significantly less fun when you can't move around, but walking in shoes with flappy soles is kind of fun because it sounds like you're wearing flip-flops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home