Friday, October 12, 2007

Flying to Cape Town

I arrived in Cape Town on Friday night after a slightly eventful flight. This trip is the longest set of flights I've ever had. The total time spent in airports or airplanes was close to 30 hours. We stopped in Atlanta, Dakar, Johannesburg, before getting to Cape Town. Dakar was a bit of a fake stop because we weren't allowed off the plane. Instead we had to stay ont he plane while security checked under all the seats and asked about every single carry-on bag. When we got to Joburg, we had to claim our baggage and walk about half a mile (ok, probably only a quarter) to get to the domestic terminal to check in again. I totally misunderstood. I thought it would be like in the US where you get your bag, go through customs, and then right after that, throw your bag on a conveyor belt and walk to your gate. Anyhow, this took long enough that half of our bags didn't make it on the plane. They were delivered to us the next day, mine missing both my lock and a pink identification strap. Looks like my bag was robbe^H^Hsearched in Joburg. I don't think I packed anything expensive in there, and I didn't notice anything missing, so robbed would be a little strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home