Thursday, August 09, 2007

Lost ... and Found!

On my trip I lost my iPod. I couldn't even remember losing it and I was convinced I had just left it at home since I didn't find it after looking in my bags in London and New York. After a thorough search of all the bags in my apartment also turned up nothing, I finally accepted the fact that it was gone. What could have happened? The only thing I could think of was the first day I was in London, I took a bunch of stuff out of my backpack and put them in my purse or suitcase. I probably forgot and left it in the suitcase, which of course meant that it was stolen by the airport security people. I've heard enough stories to know to never pack anything valuable in checked baggage.

I was all depressed, but really why should I have been? It's completely replaceable. There's nothing sentimental about it. I suppose it was the carelessness that caused me to lose it that really stung. I was almost at the point where I was kind of okay about it when I unpacked more of my big suitcase and found an envelope of business cards which also happened to contain my iPod. I did move it from my backpack to my suitcase in London. It traveled from London to New York and from New York to San Francisco safely in my checked in suitcase. Happiness! And apologies to the fine airport security folks for the suspicions that crossed my mind earlier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home