Bad Weather Sucks
I had a plan for my last day in New York. Since I was flying out of Newark during rush hour, I was going to take the train from Penn Station instead of a taxi. Because of that, I figured it would be easier to bring all my luggage to the office and leave directly from there. Also, this would give me the excuse to take a taxi to work instead of walking the 8 short blocks and 1 long block with everything but my big suitcase (two laptop bags, a purse, and my lunch). My plan was foiled early on when I failed to hail a taxi. Who knew that hailing a taxi in NYC was so hard? I mean I hadn't had any problems before, but I also had only taken them in the evening. I walked all around the block for a better spot but it seemed that where ever I went there were at least 5 other people trying to get a taxi. After 20 minutes I gave up and walked to the office. It was hot and humid and I was not happy. I also looked ridiculous. My face was all red, sweat was pouring down my face and my shirt was soaked. As I got into the elevator, a woman who worked for building security asked if I got stuck on the train. I didn't know what she was talking about but she continued, apparently she was stuck on a train from 6:30am to 9am! I would have felt less sorry for myself then had I known why she would have been stuck, but I only found out after I cleaned myself up in the bathroom (luckily I had all my luggage) that the thunderstorm that woke me up at 6:30 in the morning also shut down the city's subway system. I felt a little sheepish then.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home