Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tsukiji Fish Market

This morning we went to the fish market. Our goal was to get there as early as we could to see the tuna auction which began at 5am. There are some benefits to being jet lagged and being able to wake up at absurdly early hours is one of them.

We saw the end of the tuna auction, which was rather uneventful, mostly because it was a lot of unintelligible yelling. The main word I would use to describe the market is hectic. They had a bunch of these little vehicles that looked like mini flatbeds. People drove those around everywhere including aisles that I thought were just for people. It was kind of neat to see big fish up close, but eventually the carnage and stress of always being in someone's way got to me.

We ate breakfast just outside the market. Breakfast consisted of a bowl of ramen and two pieces of sushi. And it's official. I don't like sushi. If I don't like it at the fish market, I'm not going to like it anywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home