Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Foosball Tournament

There is a foosball tournament at work to raise money for charity. It's probably been at least 3 years since I last played consistently. The same cannot be said for our opponents today. First of all, one of them wore a glove. A glove! He said it was because his hand got sweaty--meaning he wanted to ensure a good grip on the bar. Secondly, when one of them missed a shot, he said, "I didn't get a chance to practice yesterday." Um, I haven't practiced yesterday for 1000 days. They also employed that dratted snake shot. I hate that shot. I've never learned to defend against it, ever since Martin Rinard learned the shot back at MIT. They openly talked strategy in front of us, but all in Chinese. I caught bits and pieces...like, "I'm not afraid of her pull shot, but those banks worry me." Too bad I'm totally inconsistent with that bank shot. Okay, so yeah, we lost. But we actually took a game from them, so ha!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Wow, that's pretty hard core. Never knew what the dratted snake shot was before, so I had to look it up. I'm going to have to employ that next time I play.

12:28 AM  
Blogger wchien said...

good luck with the snake shot.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home