Tokyo
I'm back in Tokyo! I'm staying in Shibuya this time. I used the bathroom at Narita and it smelled like a bathroom in Asia. I know that probably makes no sense, but that was the first thing I thought--and that was before I saw the squatter.Anyhow, the hotel is quite nice. The bathroom is big with a shower and a separate tub, and a little bench so I can sit down while I brush my teeth. We explored a bit of Shibuya to find dinner last night. The first few places we tried rejected us either because we didn't have a required reservation or because they were full. We finally ended up at a chicken yakitori place. It was quite yummy, but service was slow and chain-smokers ate to our right. When they left, I counted their cigarette butts--somewhere around 25! I guess for being there about 2 hours and having three people, that makes it kind of reasonable...no, really it doesn't. I forgot about how common smoking is here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home