Tuesday, November 14, 2006

GoKarts

Yesterday we had a group fun outing at GoKart Racing in Burlingame. I was silly and forgot my driver's license, but luckily a coworker who was not invited to the offsite (muhahahaha) was able to fax it over. The organizers of our outing purposely picked a day when the full course would be open. This totally sucked. I'm sure most people prefer the full track, but it was just too many turns and my forearms are too weak to handle that. In what was probably the 4th lap, I sideswiped the wall on a turn. Luckily the wall gives somewhat and I was able to move it out of the way of my go kart by continuing forward. I was not so fortunate in the next sharp right turn and pretty much hit the wall straight on. For all of you who are worried about my safety, don't be, I was moving slower than a snail when I hit that wall. On the third missed right turn, I decided I had enough of reinforcing the bad Asian female driver stereotype and pulled off into the penalty area. Someone needs to put power steering on those go karts.

3 Comments:

Blogger w said...

yeah, it's really tough on the forearms, and hands too, with all of the gripping. my real struggle is in driving my real car afterward, in that my instinctive tendency is to drive it like i drove the gokart.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Yeah, the actual racing time is really long at that place. I was getting bored after 15 min, and my arms hurt. Driving GoKarts makes you realize how much you take stuff like good suspensions, power steerings, and brakes for granted. Plus the placement of the gas tank is also not optimal. My coworker had a leak and spilled gas all over his legs.

8:37 PM  
Blogger wchien said...

I think there was a leak somewhere on someone's car because it smelled a lot like gas after we left the track area. But the people who work there say that why we get the racing suits.

My forearms are still sore and I also still have a bruise on my back.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home