Thursday, February 21, 2008

Amish Friendship Bread

The other day Cindy gave me a bag of goop. It was Amish Friendship Bread starter. This was not my first encounter with this baking chain letter, but the previous time some starter came my way, I was bypassed because I would be out of town. Anyway, the idea is there's yeast in the goop and so every day you mix it, until one day you feed it some sugar, flour, and milk. You mix it for a few more days, after which you take a cup of it and use it to bake a loaf of bread. That leaves you with three more cups of goop which you can give out to your friends.

I was a little behind in my mixing and feeding. but I'm assuming that doesn't matter. Looking at Amish Friendship bread recipes online, I found most required a box of instant pudding. I'm not sure this is very authentic... Anyhow, I decided to bake a lemon-chocolate marble cake. Marble cakes are fun to make, and even prettier to look at!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home