Lost in Translation
On Friday night, a few of us from the office went out for dinner at an izakaya. The selling point of this place was that we got to sit in our own private room. This room was tiny, just barely big enough to fit the six of us, and there was no hole cut out under the table. This isn't a complaint. I actually found the little room where we had to kneel to be quite cute, though I am not sure everyone shared my opnion.
Later we went to Shinjuku. Of the four of us that were left, I was the Shinjuku expert. Not having any idea of where to go, I suggested the bar at the top of the Park Hyatt Tokyo, where movie Lost in Translation was filmed. On the way there, one of my coworkers asked why we were going to this particular place. He had never seen nor heard of the movie. I suppose it didn't help that he initally thought we said the movie was called "Last in Transit." Anyhow, the view from the bar is beautiful, but the drinks were expensive. I got an Orange Earl Grey or something. It was vodka, orange sherbet, and earl grey tea. It was pretty yummy.
Later we went to Shinjuku. Of the four of us that were left, I was the Shinjuku expert. Not having any idea of where to go, I suggested the bar at the top of the Park Hyatt Tokyo, where movie Lost in Translation was filmed. On the way there, one of my coworkers asked why we were going to this particular place. He had never seen nor heard of the movie. I suppose it didn't help that he initally thought we said the movie was called "Last in Transit." Anyhow, the view from the bar is beautiful, but the drinks were expensive. I got an Orange Earl Grey or something. It was vodka, orange sherbet, and earl grey tea. It was pretty yummy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home