Saturday, August 09, 2008

Beijing Airport

We arrived in the morning of the opening day of the Olympics. Beijing's airport is completely different from what I remember, partly because it was a brand new terminal. It had advertising featuring a bunch of Chinese athletes all over and basically everywhere you looked, you saw something Olympics related. When we got out of the shuttle/tram, we were met with a team of volunteers offering help, in English! They had maps of the city in English! Where were all these helpful people 4 years ago, when the best map I could find of the city was in Chinese. Do you know how many bus lines are in Beijing? That map was useless to me. As we waited at arrivals, I people watched. It didn't feel like the Beijing I remembered at all. There were way too many foreigners, as one might expect, given the occasion, but it just felt weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home