Friday, November 16, 2007

Maui

We went to Maui for four days for a work off-site. You know, for team building. It was my first time in Hawaii, and I was saving it up for my honeymoon, but going with coworkers I don't know very well works too, I guess. (And I have to admit, the team building worked. I know a few more people here now.)

I think all tropical places pretty much look the same...beaches and palm trees. The main distinguishing traits are food and architecture. The part of Maui we were in looked like a typical Californian suburb, complete with a Krispy Kreme. Most of the food we ate was also similar to things you could get in the 48 contiguous states, except for the night we went to a luau.

But! One key difference in Hawaii is that our cell phones worked! Super convenient. We didn't have to worry about plugs or converters either. That's nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home