Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hockey

I went to a San Jose Sharks game with some coworkers. We had pretty good seats 11 rows up behind one of the goals. At the end of the game, these two players started fighting and everyone else, inlcuding the refs, just stood around watching. It's a bit weird that no one tries to break them up or anything.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Yeah, that happens quite a bit. They usually wait until the fighters tire themselves out before jumping in. I mean, if you were the ref, would you want to jump in the middle of that?
Also, there's some 3rd man in a fight penalty that's pretty severe (though I can't remember how bad it is) I do know that if you come in off the bench to fight, it's an automatic 10 game suspension. I guess they want fighting but don't want riots to break out.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

They really should ban fighting altogether. It sets a bad example.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home