Sunday, August 07, 2005

Shopping

It's official. I'm a shopaholic. I couldn't tell in China, I mean, you could just say I was buying souvenirs for people back home. And they were so cheap it didn't matter. Though maybe all the online shopping before I left for China should have tipped me off. Prices here held me off for a little bit after I got back, but my true self has broken through.

Today I went to the mall to buy some books. My task was just to buy books and return home. But then I thought, what was the harm in strolling around the mall? After buying a few shirts, I was accosted by this man at a stand selling Dead Sea salt products. I forgot my China training and was unable to completely ignore the man without feeling bad, so I tried out their salt. As I was rubbing the salt into my hands, he kept talking about how the minerals would "open up my pores," except with his charming accent, it always sounded like "open up my purse." In the end, the salt felt kind of nice so I indeed let the salt minerals open up my purse and I bought a jar. Hopefully my pores will open just as easily.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi wendy, steve told me that you were still posting on your blog so i decided to check it out. it's highly entertaining as an alternative to actually working at the office. i think shopaholism runs in the family...

11:33 AM  
Blogger wchien said...

hi! i'm glad my blog is more interesting than working... :P

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home