Sales people
People in China are a bit more blunt than in the US.
Yesterday I went to a silk shop to get a qipao (Chinese traditional dress) made. So while she were measuring me for the qipao, the woman asks if I am wearing a bra, and I say yes, and she literally says in Chinese, "oh you're small!" Hrm..um..er...thanks for noticing?
At a market before I wanted to buy a pair of pants, but the largest size they had just barely fit. So I said I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy them because if I gained any weight I wouldn't be able to wear them. He told me not to gain any weight, and I said, what if I did? He responds, "Eat less."
Yesterday I went to a silk shop to get a qipao (Chinese traditional dress) made. So while she were measuring me for the qipao, the woman asks if I am wearing a bra, and I say yes, and she literally says in Chinese, "oh you're small!" Hrm..um..er...thanks for noticing?
At a market before I wanted to buy a pair of pants, but the largest size they had just barely fit. So I said I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy them because if I gained any weight I wouldn't be able to wear them. He told me not to gain any weight, and I said, what if I did? He responds, "Eat less."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home