All Look Same
Apparently I look Korean to a lot of people here. At first I thought it was because people could tell that I wasn't Chinese Chinese and so they would guess Korean, but actual Koreans have told me this too. In fact I've been asked by stangers on the street if I am Korean. The latest incident was when I went to a Korean restaurant with a Korean girl and a Korean-American girl. The owner gave us a free squid dish and kept trying to talk to me even though I was the only person at the table who was not of Korean descent!
In addition to being told I look Korean, I've also been asked if I am Japanese, Indonesian, and half-white. This is sort of an odd situation for me because I think in the US, they don't think beyond someone being Asian, so no one would bother trying to figure out what kind of Asian you are.
In addition to being told I look Korean, I've also been asked if I am Japanese, Indonesian, and half-white. This is sort of an odd situation for me because I think in the US, they don't think beyond someone being Asian, so no one would bother trying to figure out what kind of Asian you are.

1 Comments:
Don't worry Wendy... in NC, they'd figure you were Chinese. All Asians are Chinese down there... :)
Post a Comment
<< Home