Expo 2005
I wanted a Space Needle, but alas, there was nothing like that. Instead we got Epcot Center. The day started off badly when we realized we would have to wait for 2 hours to see any of the corporate booths (the ones with all the interesting stuff), but it improved once we had some food. Not that the food was very good either, especially given the ridiculous prices. I suppose maybe after a while our expectations were lowered and we were just happy to go to the Mexico booth without waiting (they did do a nice job). By the end of the day we rode in automated wheelchairs, Steve won me a toy at a basketball game, I ate ice cream, and we finally, finally, got into one of the corporate booths. In the (I totally forgot which company this was) booth, we got our faces scanned so we could be characters in a Star Trek like movie. I was the captain's first officer and Steve was the main engineer who saved the ship from sure disaster from a giant disk shaped spacecraft. Unfortunately I can't tell you more than that because halfway through the movie, the English subtitles disappeared and hence we have no idea what we said in Japanese. Also, I was disappointed not to be able to shell out an outrageous amount of money in order to buy a copy of my starring role.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home