Thursday, June 02, 2005

Baseball Commercials

Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands these days. When I am not working on my scrapbook, I'm surfing the web. What have I found? Well, at my brother's suggestion I checked out the Oakland A's TV ads for 2005. Then I looked up the 2004 ads. My brother also said the Mariners had good commercials, so I watched their 2005, 2004, and 2003 ads. Apparently 2004 was a good year for baseball commercials. The best of the lot, in my esteemed opinion, is the Clapper (Mariners, 2004). Watch it, like it.

In search of more procrastinating tools, I went off to find the best TV commercial in all of Major League Baseball. This got boring pretty quickly because half the time the team's commercials weren't posted on their site and the other half of the time I watched commercials with the incredibly tired idea of exalting baseball as America's pasttime. Yeah, we get it, we know, let's be funny instead! (The team formerly known as the Anaheim Angels--I'm a bit behind on name changes in the last 9 months--gets mild props for attempting to be funny.)

2 Comments:

Blogger w said...

the 2004 mariners card game commercial is funny too!

8:14 PM  
Blogger alex. said...

it's ALL about the mariners' commercials. very good.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home