Monday, June 13, 2005

Barry Bonds' Personal Website

Barry Bonds doesn't like discussing his health with reporters, therefore they are constantly consulting his personal website for information. After seeing a bunch of references to it, I decided to go check it out myself. I'm not actually a Barry Bonds fan, but I noticed if you wrote Barry email, you would automatically be entered in a contest to win autographed memorabilia. Well, who can turn that down? So I offered up the following gem of an email:

Hi Barry,
I hope your knee feels better soon!
-Wendy


After a bit of reading on the website, I realized that it wasn't a random drawing, but the content of your email actually mattered. It seems Barry selects the best email and awards the sender with the prize. Other people with nice emails get "shout-outs." Today I went back to the website to see if I got a prize or at least a shout-out. Not too surprisingly, I didn't get either.

2 Comments:

Blogger w said...

What type of email got a shout-out? How many 40 year old men have web sites that give "shout-out's"?

12:37 AM  
Blogger wchien said...

i don't know what emails get shout-outs. he doesn't include the emails with the shout-outs.

maybe i should include shout-outs on this blog to help with its popularity... :(

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home