Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Pushing

There are a few things I got used to in China that are not as common in Hong Kong. One of them is people pushing each other. When I first got to Beijing, if someone ran into me, I would apologize. But then pushing is really common in Beijing, so I was forever apologizing. After a while I stopped apologizing and started pushing too. So in Hong Kong in crowded areas I would push people if they were in my way, but I realized no one else was pushing at me. As we were getting back on the bus on the China side of the border crossing, I was trying to stow away my bag, as were a few other people and they were all pushing at each other (and me) to get to the front. So immediate a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home